Thursday, September 30, 2010

From graduation to staffing.....

So I graduated my DTS last week and joined staff the next day!

I knew that I was called to Missions about eight years ago and have prayed and waited and prayed and waited and waited, etc etc and finally felt called to come to YWAM in September 2009 and came to Hawaii to do my DTS. Within 24 hours of arriving in Hawaii, I felt God tell me three times that I was supposed to stay in Kona, join staff and not go home. I wasn't quite sure how it would all work about but I was trusting God. I wasn't sure exactly what I would do either. I knew I was supposed to work with photogenX, but that was all I really knew....talk about faith!

I was asked to work with the Sex+MoneySex+Money: A National Search for Human Worth is a documentary about domestic minor sex trafficking and the modern-day abolitionist movement fighting to stop it. The documentary is due to be released in April 2011 and the team will begin a 50 state distribution tour to screen it and have panel discussions with policy and law enforcement and other spheres of society, including the church. I will be working with Carmen to help plan the distribution tour. I am also the building manager for the building I am living in, which houses about 90+ students and staff. It is an amazing opportunity for me to disciple the girls in my building. I also have three work duty students that will clean the building and it's surrounding. 


YWAM is celebrating it's 50th year this year and this quarter is the largest in Kona with over 650 students. In December we will have a week long 50th Anniversary Celebration, we expect to have 2,000-3,000 people attending. There's lots of extra preparation to be done for the 50th too. So this quarter will be a busy one! 


Please keep me in your prayers as you think about me. 


I would love to hear from you and how I can pray for you too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment