Friday, July 2, 2010

We Made It!

We made it safely to the Dominican Republic!

After a day of traveling we finally made it to the DR. All of our luggage arrived safely and our trip was fairly uneventful but fun! It took us a while to find our contact at the airport and then we lost our leader, Cyrielle! :) Most of us piled in a van with our luggage and headed to the YWAM base while they were still looking for Cyrielle. The trip from the airport was fairly comical. Emily Williamson took 4 years of Spanish in High School so she practiced her Spanish the whole way to the base with the driver, Freddie and his friend, Juan. I could understand everything and even spoke a few words even though its been MANY MANY years since I lived in Panama and Venezuela or took it in High School! Well, Em has never been out of the Country before and is not used to how they drive in other countries! For Americans it's CHAOS to say the least. No one stays in a lane, most roads don't even have lines, there are people riding in the back of trucks on top of crates piled 5-7 feet tall and you have to be aggressive! Let's just say I wish I had video taped it, but it was dark and only the sound would have come out!

Today we are going to work with a Homeless Ministry! After working with and volunteering with homeless for the last several years, I'm excited! AND we get to jump right in and minister even though we arrived less then 12 hours ago!

I should mention it's HOT, HOT, HOT here! I really don't mind it but the complaining has already started so I'm praying it doesn't continue!

ANSWERED PRAYERS!! The night before I left I had sent out some prayer requests and God is SO GOOD and FAITHFUL He answered some! First, if you haven't figured it out yet, Cyrielle, our outreach leader, got all her outreach fees and was able to leave with us! YAY!!! Second, we had been praying for a video camera to shoot our documentary, Eyes of Hope, and right before we left we were given one to use while we are here! Praise God!!! I am so thankful to be here and feel so privileged that God chose me and our team for this mission! It's going to be a GREAT day! Can't wait to tell you more!

Move love,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment