Thursday, May 13, 2010

30 DAY CHALLENGE


I have had this for many years, thanks to my good friend, Julia Blanchard. I recently went through it myself and have given it to several others. It is amazing how transformational this can be, I challenge to you commit to do this for 30 days! It takes 21 days to form a habit and much longer to break one! Will you do it?

30 Day Challenge: Read these pages out loud to yourself, preferably in front of a mirror daily every day for a month. See what happens concerning how you view yourself, your life and God.



The Bondage Breaker
Neil T. Anderson

The Christian’s Scriptural Identity and Position

The following statements summarize your scriptural identity and position in Christ and form the foundation for your freedom in Christ. Read these statements aloud often. If you are presently involved in a spiritual conflict, read these statements aloud at least one each day for a month.

Who am I?

Exodus
I am not the great ‘I am’ (3:14; John 8:24, 28, 58), but by the grace of God, I am what I am (1Cor 15:10)

Matthew
I am the salt of the earth (5:14)

John
I am a child of God (1:12)
I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life (15:1,5)
I am Christ’s friend (15:15)
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear his fruit (15:16)

Romans
I am a slave of righteousness (6:18)
I am enslaved to God (6:22)
I am a son of God; God is spiritually by Father (8:14, 15; Gal 3:26: 4:6)
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him (8:17)

1 Corinthians
I am a temple – a dwelling place – of God. His spirit and His life dwell in me (3:16; 6:19)
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him (6:17)
I am a member of Christ’s body (12:27; Eph 5:30)

2 Corinthians
I am a new creation (5:17)
I am reconciled to God and am a minister of reconciliation (5:18, 19)

Galatians
I am a son of God and one in Christ (3:26, 28)
I am heir of God Since I am a son of God (4:6, 7)

Ephesians
I am a saint (1:1, 1Cor 1:2, Phil 1:1, Col 1:2)
I am God’s workmanship – His Handiwork – born anew in Christ to do His work (2:10)
I am a fellow citizen with the rest of God’s family (2:19)
I am a prisoner of Christ (3:1, 4:1)
I am righteous and holy (4:24)

Philippians
I am a citizen of heaven, seated in heaven right now (3:20, Eph 2:6)

Colossians
I am hidden with Christ in God (3:3)
I am an expression of the life of Christ because He is my life (3:4)
I am chosen of God, holy and dearly loved (3:12, 1Ths 1:4)

1 Thessalonians
I am a son of light and not of darkness (5:5)

Hebrews
I am a holy partaker of a heavenly calling (3:1)
I am a partaker of Christ; I share in His life (3:14)

1 Peter
I am one of God’s living stones, being built up in Christ’ as a spiritual house (2:5)
I am a member of a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession (2:9,10)
I am an alien and stranger to this world in which I temporarily live (2:11)
I am an enemy of the devil (5:8)

1 John
I am a child of God and I will resemble Christ when he return (3:1,2)
I am a child of God, and the evil one – the devil – cannot touch me (5:18)

The above has been taken from Neil T. Anderson’s – Victory Over the Darkness)



Since I am in Christ, By the Grace of God……


Romans
I have been justified – completely forgiven and made righteous (5:1)
I died with Christ and died to the power of sin’s rule over my life (6:1-6)
I am free forever from condemnation (8:1)

1Corinthians
I have been placed into Christ by God’s doing (2:16)
I have received the spirit of God into my life that I might know the things freely given to me by God (2:12)
I have been give the mind of Christ (2:16)
I have been bought with a price; I am not my own: I belong to God (6:19-20)

2 Corinthians
I have been established, anointed and sealed by God in Chris, and I have been given the Holy Spirit as a pledge guaranteeing my inheritance to come (1:21, Eph 1:13-14)
Since I have died, I no longer live for myself, but for Christ (5:14-15)

Galatians
I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. The life I am now living is Christ’s life (2:20)

Ephesians
I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing (1:3)
I was chosen in Christ before the foundation of the world to be holy, and I am without blame before Him (1:4)
I was predestined – determined by God – to be adopted as God’s son (1:5)
I have been redeemed and forgiven, and I am a recipient of His lavish grace (1:6-8)
I have been made alive together with Christ (2:5)
I have been raised up and seated with Christ in heaven (2:6)
I have direct access to God through the Spirit (2:18)
I may approach God with boldness, freedom and confidence (3:12)

Colossians
I have been rescued from the domain of satan’s rule and transferred to the kingdom of Christ (1:13)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins. The debt against me has been canceled (1:14)
Christ Himself is in me (1:27)
I am firmly rooted in Christ and am now being built up in Him (2:7)
I have been made complete in Christ (2:10)
I have been buried, raised and made alive with Christ (2:12-13)
I died with Christ and I have been raised up with Christ. My life is now hidden with Christ in God. Christ is now my life (3:1-4)

2 Timothy
I have been given a Spirit of power, love, and self-control (1:7)
I have been saved and set apart according to God’s doing (1:9, Titus 3:5)

Hebrews
Because I am sanctified and am one with the Sanctifier, He is not ashamed to call me His brother (2:11)
I have the right to come boldly before the throne of God to receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need (4:16)

2 Peter
I have been given precious and magnificent promises by God, by which I am a partaker of God’s divine nature (1:4)


The above has been adapted from Neil T. Anderson, Victory Over the Darkness




The following prayer was taken from Wild at Heart by John Eldridge:

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist,
“Lord, I put on the belt of truth. I choose a lifestyle of honesty and integrity. Show me the truths I so desperately need today. Expose the lies I’m not even aware that I’m believing.”

with the breastplate of righteousness in place,
“And yes, Lord, I wear Your righteousness today against all condemnation and corruption. Fit me with Your holiness and purity – defend me from all assaults against my heart.”

15 And with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
“I do choose to live for the gospel at any moment. Show me where the larger story is unfolding and keep me from being so lax that I think the most important thing today is the soap operas of this world.”

16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
“Jesus, I lift against lie and every assault the confidence that You are good, and that You have good in store for me. Nothing is coming today that can overcome me because You are with me”.

17 Take the helmet of salvation
“Thank you, Lord, for my salvation. I receive it in a new and fresh way from You and I declare that nothing can separate me now from the love of Christ and the place I shall ever have in Your kingdom.”

and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
“Holy Spirit, show me specifically today the truths of the word of God that I will need to counter the assault and the snares of the enemy. Bring them to mind throughout the day”.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
“Finally, Holy Spirit, I agree to walk in step with You in everything – in all prayer as my spirit communes with You throughout the day”.

No comments:

Post a Comment