Wednesday, May 19, 2010

DTS Week 3 - Lordship

The topic of week 3 was 'Lordship'! Our speakers were Kristen Williams and Cindy Ruarkee. I loved when Kristen talked about God raising up unshakable people! I feel like I have gone through many trials in my life and have learned to embrace them as them come, to pray for patience and strength through them because they always strengthen me! I also loved when he talked about marriage, about seeking FIRST the Kingdom of God. I intentionally kissed dating goodbye about six years ago for that reason, which has played a major role in where I am right now, being here doing a DTS, giving up everything to follow Jesus! There was a brief second that I thought about not coming for the possibility of a relationship, but it was just a brief thought and God made it VERY clear He wanted me FIRST and I was to give EVERYTHING up to follow Him, even putting relationships aside! This week God called me to lay a relationship on the alter, it was not a bad relationship, actually quite the opposite, however it was becoming a distraction for what He called me here to learn and blocking me from hearing from Him! Sometimes God asks us to do crazy things, it made no sense to me, it wasn't something I wanted to do and He has blessed me in return, He is radically changing my life! I didn't even realize my life needed to be radically changed! I don't want to miss out on the plans He has for my life, He has called me to do something big, I know that I can only do it with His help, because on my own, I am nothing! God uses nobodies, messed up people. Moses was a murder, yet God picked Him! David was a murder and an adulteress and God said he was a man after His own heart. Rehab was a prostitute and God said 'do you want to be My Son's great-great grandmother?'

Jesus' leadership program began with TWO words - 'Follow me'!
Jesus says, "BE with ME, Walk with ME, Catch my Heart, Go with me".

Another thing that stood out, is that it's better to DO 'something' and find out it was wrong then to spend our whole life wondering IF we should have done it! At least we have eliminated an option, by doing nothing, we haven't eliminating anything!

Every day, I am more and more amazed by the love my Heavenly Father has for me, more aware of the presence and need for Jesus and the Holy Spirit in my life, falling more and more in love with my Lord and Savior! There is NO place I'd rather be, then in His presence!

No comments:

Post a Comment