Thursday, May 20, 2010

DTS Week 4 - Freedom in Christ

I LOVED the lectures this week! Andrew and Faith Dutton were our speakers, they are amazing! Andrew is one of the base leaders here in Kona, HI! The lectures were a great reinforcement of things that God has been teaching me over the last few months and years!



Just a few things that stuck out to me this week are:


  • God wants the BEST years of our life - NOT the leftovers!
  • Often our selfishness is in the midst of our anger.
  • We are NOT to stay in this place forever!
  • Grace is something given to us to ENABLE us!
  • We must be willing to give up something that costs us to get ALL that God has for us! What will we give up?
  • Pride is like body odor; you have to wash it off everyday!
  • Without FAITH it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God!
  • Walking in truth brings GREAT FREEDOM from shame, guilt and fear!!!!
  • We need to be DESPERATE to be right before the Lord!

On Friday, we had a time of public confession of our sins, laying them down at the feet of the cross! By admitting them publically, bringing them to the light, the devil can NO LONGER use them to black mail! It was an absolutely AMAZING week! I can now walk in FREEDOM from things that have held me in bondage for SO many years, things that I didn’t even know had a stronghold on me! PRAISE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment